Dear EPAC Family,
Thank you to the thousands of supporters that tuned in for our Essential EPAC concert online. We remain grateful for everyone that watched the concert, relived great moments with us from EPAC’s past, and donated to our “EPAC is Essential” campaign. If you still have not already seen the concert, you can continue to view the concert in its entirety on our YouTube channel and contribute to our “EPAC is Essential” campaign on our website. We have already raised over $10,000 for this campaign and are planning an online auction in the fall as well.
As we write this letter, the performing arts community continues to navigate both the impact of COVID-19 and the recent calls to action for inclusion in our community. We continue to be committed to both the health and safety of our patrons, as well as taking tangible steps to address inequities and diversify our offerings in the future.
After much reflection, our board of directors has also decided to officially postpone our 2020 season until 2021. When making this decision, we followed local, state, and federal guidelines and recommendations, as well as looked at what our fellow members in the performing arts community are planning for 2020. Many other theaters have announced a shutdown until 2021 as well.
We want to stress that this is a postponement of many of our productions, not a cancellation. Many of our 2020 Mainstage shows will be moved to the 2021 season. If you are a subscriber or ticket holder, your tickets and subscriptions can be automatically moved to the 2021 season. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled shows, or join us in 2021, please consider donating the value of your tickets or subscription to EPAC as a tax-deductible contribution. Additional details about your ticketing options are below.
EPAC is committed to producing exciting new content during the closure. Look for announcements about virtual and small-scale programming for the fall and holiday season in the near future.
Finally, we want to let our supporters know that EPAC experienced a water leak at the theater during our closure that resulted in significant damage to our shop area, our green room, our rehearsal room, our prop room, and our conference room. Together, we are working with the Ephrata Borough to repair and remediate the damage that occurred. We will continue to be in touch about future ways that the community can support our reopening efforts and the replacement of items that have been lost.
Despite these setbacks, our motto continues to be “let no crisis go to waste.” We are looking at upgrades to the theater and ways to reopen in 2021 with exciting new updates. We miss all of you so much and thank you for your patience, your understanding, and your continued support at this difficult time.
The staff and board of directors of the Ephrata Performing Arts Center
Below is a list of the 2020 productions that have been postponed at this time. If you have previously purchased tickets to any of the canceled dates, please review the ticketing and credit options below the list
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time | March 19 – 28
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder | April 23 – May 9
- The Boys in the Band | June 11 – 20
- Damn Yankees | July 23 – August 8
- Hedda Gabbler | September 3 – 12
- The Scottsboro Boys | October 15 – 31
- Matilda | December 3 – 19
- Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill | May 15, 16, and 17
- Young Artist’s Cabaret | September 18 and 19
At your convenience, you may take the following options by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (717) 733-7966, ext. 21.
- Choose to have your subscriptions and single tickets automatically transferred to the 2021 season. Exchanges for different subscription schedules and/or performance dates will be available later in the year. If we do not hear from you, we will automatically move your tickets and subscriptions to the 2021 season.
- Support the Ephrata Performing Arts Center by generously donating the value of your 2020 season subscription or tickets to help the theater through this financially perilous time. We would be tremendously grateful for your support. You may donate the value of your tickets and/or subscriptions for this year and choose to purchase additional tickets and subscriptions for 2021.
- We thank you in advance for transferring your tickets or considering a donation, but also acknowledge this situation is affecting everyone differently. You may also request a full or partial refund for your tickets.
Please be aware that we are limited in terms of staff and hours during this time. We will do our best to reply to your request as soon as we are able. We thank you for your patience, understanding and support as we navigate this uncertain time together.